Magento is a cloud-based eCommerce platform that is used by many online stores to build and manage their eCommerce outlets. The platform was released in 2008, and it has since gone on to become one of the most popular eCommerce platforms in the world.
It offers a wide range of features such as payment gateways, inventory management, merchandising, and customer service – all of which are useful for any business looking to sell products online. Also, it has a huge community of users who are constantly updating and improving the platform.
Magento platform was recently purchased by Adobe reportedly for $1.68 billion and rebranded as Adobe Commerce. It is used by some of the largest organizations in the world, including Coca-Cola, K-Swiss, Nike, and Ford. Also, it is the eighth most-used open source technology used on the internet.
Ever since the acquisition was materialized, a large number of existing and prospective users have been curious regarding its pricing, and thus, experts at i95Dev curated this blog to help you know the 2022 prices of Magento (Adobe Commerce) subscription plans.
Let’s briefly discuss Magento pricing as we get into details.
- Magento / Adobe Commerce 2022 Pricing Breakdown:
To understand the different pricing tiers, let’s start with the basics of the Adobe eCommerce (Magento) Platform. You will need dedicated developers to build your webstore using below features and they charge you anywhere between $75 to $150 per hour.
- Magento Open Source (Formerly known as Magento Community Edition/CE) $0 On Face Value, Real Cost Starts From $15,000:Magento Open Source is a free and open-source eCommerce platform. It allows the store owners to create their own products, sell them online and manage their inventory in a secure environment. It has its own ecosystem, Magento Community, which has a huge community of developers, designers, and users.Also known as Magento 2, you can simply download the setup file and then install it. The store can be customized to fit your needs with almost endless customizations. However, the cost of building and launching the store would be more than $15,000, as it would require domain hosting, design, and development.
- Magento Commerce: Costs Start At $22,000 But Expect $30,000-$50,000 With Operating Costs AddedThis is the paid edition, and it includes a lot of value additions like improved performance and security on top of the free edition. The only problem with all these features is their high price.
The Magento Enterprise pricings start at $22,000 per year, and the final price is determined by your annual Gross Sales Revenue.
The pricing buckets for Magento Commerce are as follows:
However, it still requires additional running expenses that could cost over $30,000 to $50,000.
Magento Commerce Cloud
The pricing buckets for Magento Commerce Cloud are as follows:
Magento Commerce Cloud is a PaaS-based solution, and it uses Amazon Web Services servers to extend its extensive capabilities meant for larger organizations.
Although the Magento commerce cloud pricing starts at $40,000, there are some costs, such as hosting.
Variable Additional Costs
No matter whether you choose to go with Magento Open Source, Commerce, or Commerce Cloud, you must still pay for development costs and maintenance. To manage the store’s backend and frontend design, you will need to hire Magento developers.
Magento Web Hosting Since Magento is a resource-intensive platform, it is important to choose a hosting provider carefully. Remember, hosting services will manage your website’s security, speed, and domain requirements, so it’s necessary to choose good service providers.Depending on which type of hosting services you choose, you can expect the cost to be anywhere between $15 to $800.
There are three types of Magento web hosting services:
- Shared Hosting Under this setup, you will be sharing your server and resources with other websites through a shared hosting plan. It is more affordable than other hosting options, but your site will be more vulnerable to security threats due to a poor environment.
- Dedicated Hosting This type of hosting allows you to host an entire server. This type of hosting is more secure, but it comes at a fixed price. Thus, even if you don’t use all of the resources, you still have to pay the full amount.
- Cloud Hosting Cloud hosting is the best choice for hosting as it gives you a flexible solution and dedicated resources.
- Magento Domain Name Your domain name is your URL that acts as your unique address on the internet, using which people will discover your Magento store.
- A new domain name will cost between $ 1 to $ 15 per year.
- A domain that is expired can be costing you between $ 20 and $500 per year, depending on its domain authority.
Secure Sockets Layer protects your online store against any cyber threat while also acting as a positive influence on your website SEO. It encrypts sensitive data between your customers, and checkout system, e.g., the credit card details, thus making your website more trustworthy.
SSL certificates cost from $0 to $600/year
In most cases, your hosting service provider will include a free SSL in your hosting plan.
Magento SEO And Marketing
You can expect to spend anywhere between $1000 to $4000 on your Magento store’s SEO and digital marketing, depending on the competitiveness of your niche.
Your store will require a few fixes, troubleshooting, and optimization, as well as adding new features on a regular basis. The Magento Developers might charge you between $65 to $150 per hour for website maintenance-related work.
One Time Costs
In this section, we will go through the one-time payments you need to make in order to build your Magento-powered eCommerce store:
Magento (Adobe Commerce) Themes
Magento themes can be purchased for between $ 20 and $ 1000, depending on whether you choose a premium option that is often bundled with additional extensions. You can also buy a basic theme at a low price and have your frontend Magento developer customize it while also creating your own theme with the help of the developer.
Keep in mind that depending on the level of their experience, Magento developers can cost between $ 15 to $ 100 an hour.
Magento (Adobe Commerce) Extensions
Magento provides over 5,500 extensions, with their prices ranging from $0 to $2000.
Again, the cost of functionality depends on how much you need. You will require at least 5-10 extensions to your store. Depending on which extension you choose, this can run you anywhere from $1000 to $3000.
You can also purchase extensions and have them customized by a developer. Developer fees will also be included. The charges, in this case, will be higher than themes because extensions can be customized backend-by-backend while they can also be built from scratch.
These are just a few among the many critical factors that will determine the pricing for your Magento Store.
To get a complete overview of the pricing for your Magento-based eCommerce store, get in touch with our i95Dev experts.
How can Fashion Brands Benefit from Integrated eCommerce? Author Category Share Ever since the Covid-19 crisis, the fashion industry has seen several shifts, and it seems that the next two...
Difference between Google Analytics 4 (GA4) Vs. Universal Analytics (GA3) Author Category Share As we all know, Universal Analytics will be discontinued from 1st July 2023. Hence marketers...
Why is Integrated eCommerce the Need of the Hour for the B2B Industry? Author Category Share The B2B industry is a huge market growing rapidly in the past few years. However, it has been...