- Achieving stability to keep up with Trail-Gear’s fast growing pace along with an acquisition of All-Pro Off-Road and Low Range Off-Road brands, all while retaining the brands when consolidating all front and backend systems (eCommerce and ERP).
- Achieving Flexibility & Rigid Functionality for the eCommerce store to support Trail-Gear’s rapidly evolving requirements and business workflows related to back orders, fulfillment, payment terms, bill pay, promotions, and more.
- Achieving seamless integration since Trail-Gear’s existing integration with Dynamics GP was fraught with problems. Their existing integrated setup included data integrity issues between systems and duplicate and unsynchronized records. Trail-Gear customer support staff along with their I.T team were constantly spending unnecessary man-hours rectifying semi-automated systems.
i95Dev engaged with the entire Trail-Gear team to discover the challenges with day-to-day operations along with the longer-term initiatives. This helped Trail-Gear immensely by enabling them to better understand their own requirements while also making them aware of the equally immense potential of Magento and integration.
i95Dev, with its extensive experience in the Automotive OEM and Aftermarket industry has taken upon moving Trail-Gear from a proprietary eCommerce product to Magento Commerce for the Trail-Gear eCommerce expansion.Initially planning to develop the Magento 2 store in-house, Trail-Gear approached i95Dev to provide Magento GP integration. However, after their experience working with i95Dev during the discovery stage, Trail-Gear opted to work with i95Dev for the entire project – including Magento.
To make things more manageable, the entire project was broken down into two phases.
- Magento Store Development & Migration – In Phase 1, Trail-Gear’s existing eCommerce store was designed, developed then migrated from their proprietary eCommerce cart to Magento 2. Included within the project, i95Dev team assisted Trail-Gear with an extensive data cleansing service to ensure optimum data across all systems.
- ERP Integration & Enhancements – In Phase 2, the i95Dev Magento GP Connect product was deployed to integrate their Magento eCommerce store with their Dynamics GP ERP system that included bi-directional sync of data. Further, the eCommerce store and integration were extended to automate business workflows and to incorporate their business specific requirements.
A glance at implementation
“I do not say this lightly – I can honestly say that finding i95Dev and having the opportunity to work with them has been a blessing to Trail-Gear and to me, personally. We’ve to be a trusted partner in this endeavour. had some very positive feedback about the site from some very important customers. i95Dev has done a tremendous job providing support, instruction, effective and eloquent solutions, problem solving and communication. We still have a long way to go to achieve all of our goals, but i95Dev is proving themselves.”
– Eric Bako, Technical Head, Trail Gear.