February 3, 2016
Magento 2.0 – Stay Current with Easier
Maintenance and Upgrades
This is our 8th blog in the series on Magento 2.0. In this blog, we will look at how the changes introduced in Magento 2.0 platform impact maintenance and upgrades of eCommerce stores.
If you have not already read our earlier blogs on Magento 2.0, then we encourage you to do that.
- Magento 2.0 – Modern Technology Stack for an Agile and Scalable eCommerce Platform
- Magento 2.0 – Features for Fast and Flexible Development, QA, and Deployment
- Magento 2.0 – Drive Sales and Improve Conversions with Improved Checkout Process
- Magento 2.0 – Easier Frontend Customizations for Building Next Generation eCommerce Stores
- Magento 2.0 – Improved Admin User Interface for Efficient Business Operations
- Magento 2.0 – Improved Scalability and Performance to help you Grow your Business Faster
- Magento 2.0 – Improved Roadmap for Better Planning
Easier Maintenance and Upgrades
- The modular code base, the improved framework for customizations (clear separation of business logic from presentation), and the new multi-level theme inheritance makes application maintenance easy and updates less complex.
- Standalone installers will also simplify deployment and upgrades in Magento 2.0. The standalone installer will automatically check for prerequisites and conflicts before starting the upgrade process.
What this means for Merchants
- The maintenance and upgrades are greatly simplified in Magento 2.0 which will reduce the costs significantly; which merchants can then invest on other improvements.
- The new improve architecture also provides a more stable eCommerce platform by reducing the breakages caused during upgrades.
- In eCommerce, innovations are happening at a rapid pace and it is imperative for businesses to stay up-to-date or risk becoming obsolete. With Magento 2.0 this becomes an easy and less expensive exercise.
What this means for Developers and Partners
- While easier maintenance and upgrade will reduce the dependency of merchants on developers and partners, they now have an opportunity to add greater value to merchants and the Magento community by focusing their efforts on other innovations.
- Developers and merchants can now work with merchants, who will now be more willing, to identify other opportunities for improvement like customer experience and more.
What this means for End Customers
- No matter what, end customers stand to benefit from this either in the form of a fast and scalable eCommerce store or new innovations or features to further improve and personalize their shopping experience.
Stay tuned for our next blog on Magento 2.0!!
Subscribe to our blogs<![endif]-->